[Histonet] AMACR

Orr, Rebecca ROrr <@t> enh.org
Tue Feb 14 12:46:59 CST 2006

Michele,
I use P504s  (AKA) AMACR.
I have run  both the predilute and the concentrate from Biocare.
It works very well in my lab.
I also use Biocare's PIN-4 wich is a cocktail of the P504s, p63 and a
HMWck
The P504s is red. The other 2 are brown (nuclear) and Brown
(cytoplasmic)

The advantage of the "triple stain" is especially evident when you have
one slide of a needle bx of the prostate.  You can have a look at all 3
of these stains on one slide.
I'll be glad to answer any questions you have about this privately, let
me know.

As for the designation the data sheet I have from Biocare lists P504s as
IVD.  I believe this is an updated data sheet.
We don't list a specific disclaimer for this antibody on our reports.
I'm wondering why you would ask, in case I'm missing something!

Hello to all my friends in Madison!

Becky Orr CLA,HT(ASCP)
IHC Lead
Evanston Northwestern Healthcare