[Histonet] Labvision Neomarkers GCDFP-15 Ab1, Clone 23A3

Richard Cartun Rcartun <@t> harthosp.org
Fri Feb 10 11:40:32 CST 2006

We use Signet's GCDFP-15 mAb at 1:100 for 30' with good results.  A 1:25
dilution sounds "expensive"!

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, Ph.D.
Director, Immunopathology & Histology
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 545-1596
(860) 545-0174 Fax

>>> "Theresa Rohr" <RohrT <@t> nyackhospital.org> 02/10/06 12:03PM >>>
Dear Histonetters,

I am using Neomarker's GCDFP Ab-1, Clone 23A3 at a 1:25 titer. I use a
6.0 citrate for Target Retrieval for 20 minutes in a Steamer and 20
minute cooling. I stain on the Dako Autostainer with Envision+ at 30
minutes in Primary Ab, 30 minutes in Polymer and 5 minutes in DAB.

The staining results are just OK nothing extraordinary.

Has anyone used this antibody and had great results?

If so, what are you doing differently than my protocol?

Do you think a 9.0 EDTA buffer for Retrieval would be better?

What about increasing my time in DAB?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have emailed their techservice but thought my peers might have more
to teach me.

Thanks so much,
Theresa Rohr
rohrt <@t> nyackhospital.org

Theresa Rohr, BA HT(ASCP)
Section Head, Histology
Nyack Hospital
160 North Midland Avenue
Nyack, New York 10960
phone - 845-348-2276
fax - 845-348-8430

Nyack Hospital is required by Law to protect the privacy of health
information under HIPAA Rules and Regulations Part 11, Article 45 CFR,
Parts 160-164. This email, including attachments, is intended for the
exclusive use of the person or the entity to which it is addressed. It
may contain confidential or legally protected information. The
authorized recipient is prohibited from disclosing this information to
any other party and is required to destroy this information after its
stated need has been fulfilled. If the recipient or reader of this email
is not the intended recipient or her/his authorized agent, the reader is
email is phohibited. If you believe that you have received this email in
error, please advise the sender immediately by reply email and then
delete this email immediately.