[Histonet] the job of a good recruiter--

RebeNoel <@t> aol.com RebeNoel <@t> aol.com
Thu Feb 9 11:46:45 CST 2006

I have been a  recruiter for over 10 years and this has been my  experience….
) What can a recruiter  do for me that I can't do for myself?
A recruiter can do a  couple of things-
Recruiter spends years  building relationships with clients built on trust
and creditability. The client  that a particular recruiter has a strong
relationship with feels that when  he/she calls them about a potential candidate, that
the candidate is not only  has the skills and experience but will also be a
good fit in terms of soft  skills/personality.  I have clients  that I know
very well and I know what type of person will be successful in their
environment.
Second- Often when a  client posts an open position on their hospital website
or a job board the  client literally will get hundreds of resumes.  Really
qualified people can often get  overlooked only because their resume is in a
stack of 200 other resumes.  A successful recruiter will often have a  contact
person at the facility who they can call and discuss your background in  detail.
 This gives the candidate a  great advantage.
2) Why do recruiters  want me to give them my SSN?
SSN should only be  given if you are going to do contract work or a
background check is required for  a certain position you are applying for… I myself do
not require anyone to give  me their SSN number unless it is absolutely
necessary.

3) Why do they ask  me if I applied elsewhere and if I am in contact with
other recruiters?
Recruiters ask you  where you have applied because if a client receives your
resume through a  hospital web site or job board the recruiter no long has the
right to collect a  fee for the position you applied for, even if the client
did not initially call  you.. it make no difference. If they had your resume
in a filing cabinet you  still are considered a candidate that has already been
submitted.
Another reason is that  it gives a recruiter an idea of what types of
positions are appealing to  you.
And finally some shady  recruiters use this technique to find out who is
hiring so they can call and try  and get the job order.

4) If I apply for  a job through a hospital web site vs. a recruiter will my
starting pay be  different due to recruiter cost?
Starting pay could be  effected because if a recruiter has been working with
a particular client for a  while the recruiter knows what that hospital
typically pays.  An example would be if ABC hospital  typically pays Histotech 40K
and you put on your application that 35K is what  you are looking to make there
is a good chance 35K is what you would be  paid.  A recruiter knowing the
history of salaries for that hospital would negotiate of 40K salary.
Rebecca  Noel
Executive Match  Personnel
919-601-1946