[Histonet] Celestine blue B

Sharon Allen SAllen <@t> exchange.hsc.mb.ca
Wed Feb 8 08:34:14 CST 2006

Hi,
I started using Celestine Blue in our method for Gomori's Trichrome & it
made a great improvement. I'm not sure why!
Put the slides in Celestine Blue for 2 min. before the Mayer's Haematoxylin.
Recipe is:
Ferric ammonium sulfate...........5.0 gm
Dissolve in distilled water.......100 ml.
Celestine blue....................0.5 gm
Boil for 3 min. to dissolve, filter, when cooled add-
Stable for at least 6 months
(Carleton's Histological Techniques 4th edition  P.133)
Hope this helps.
Sharon
sallen <@t> hsc.mb.ca