[Histonet] Technovit 7100 resin removal

Pamela Marcum pmarcum <@t> vet.upenn.edu
Tue Feb 7 16:02:38 CST 2006

Actually it will soften slightly and cause the GMA to curl and wrinkle
badly however it will not remove it from the section.  It may lift it off
the slide.  Unfortunately nothing has been found to successfully remove GMA
and in fact it continues to polymerize as it ages making it even more
difficult to remove each day.  The polymerization even seems to continue on
the slides once the sections are picked up.  It has always seemed strange
to me that Methoxide as we called it would remove epoxy and not GMA however
it is a fact.

Pam Marcum
UPENN Vet School

Best Regards,