[Histonet] "MBS" in Luxol Fast Blue MBS

Bartlett, Jeanine jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Mon Feb 6 13:42:53 CST 2006

Luxol fast blue MBSN is the chemical description for the specific dye,
Solvent Blue 38
C32H12CuN8Na2O6S2
F.W. 732.16

Jeanine Bartlett, BS, HT(ASCP)
1600 Clifton Road, MS/G-32
18/SB-114
Atlanta, GA  30333
(404) 639-3590
jeanine.bartlett <@t> cdc.hhs.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
mlb <@t> nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 1:47 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] "MBS" in Luxol Fast Blue MBS

Hi, I had tried sending this message upon joining histonet, but I didn't
see it in the archive. That could be why I haven't gotten a reply yet!
Here it is again:

Hi, I've been using luxol fast blue MBS for myelin staining and would
like to know what the acronym "MBS"
represents.

I have read many primary sources, such as articles by Kluver and Barrera
as well as Salthouse, and I have performed internet searches with
Google, all to no avail (other than finding histonet!).

Thanks for your help!
Megan
=-)

p.s. Also, any explanations of the other acronyms used
     in luxol dyes (ARN, G and the "N" in MBSN) would
     be much appreciated!