[Histonet] microwave transparent containers and equipment

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 09:44:20 CST 2006

Nancy:
  You could show them a list with the microwaves penetration (cm) of different substances.
  For example:
  polyethyl methacrylate = 300 cm (= 3 m)
  Teflon = 9,000 cm (= 90 m)
  Paraffin wax = 15,000 (=150 m)
  Styrofoam= 40,000 cm (=400 m)

  Showing them the materials your containers are made of I think that they will
  accept that they are indeed transparent.
  Hope this will help.
  René J.

"Adams, Nancy" <nadams <@t> CapeCodHealth.org> wrote:

Good morning

Does the new CAP question ANP.28860 require documentation that the
containers and equipment are, indeed, microwave transparent?

Somehow I think just saying yes isn't going to be enough:-)

Thanks for your thoughts.

Nancy Rutledge

Falmouth Hospital

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential. And intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please contact the system administrator for Cape Cod Healthcare.
Administrator <@t> CapeCodHealth.org