[Histonet] microwave processing on a budget...

pathrm35 <@t> charter.net pathrm35 <@t> charter.net
Tue Dec 19 09:13:21 CST 2006

Tony,
We use the Milestone microwave tissue processor for our about 40% of our skins cases with good results. We do 3 runs on the second shift with a max. of 112 cassettes in each run.
The processing is good and consistent. I did have one issue where two pieces of tissue did become cooked though. The problem was that the magnetic spinner in the bottom of the glass jar became stuck underneith the plastic stand and wasn't moving the fluid around. This happens when you change the fluids and is caused by human error. I think a better design could help prevent this. When this happens the fluid isn't moving around and you get hot and cold spots in the fluid.
All in all we have good results, better TAT and the MD's are happy.
Ron Martin-