[Histonet] mouse heart valves

Liz Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Fri Dec 8 13:35:05 CST 2006

Danielle

Are you talking about mouse aortic root sections from animal models of
atherosclerosis?  If that's the case then depending upon how you are going
to analyze the specimens you can process to paraffin or cut frozen sections.
We snap freeze the heart and then cut frozen sections, since we want to be
able to stain for fat with Oil Red O, but there are publications that
perform paraffin sections but their image analysis of the root sections is
different than the Oil Red O frozen specimens.  We do this quite a bit so
you can contact me and I'll go over the instructions on how to section to
the correct area and how many sections we take and how we handle them, etc,
it can be quite technical and labor intensive initially when working with
these samples, but once you get the hang of it, its much better.

Liz

Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC
P.O. Box 18592