[Histonet] Cell blocks on urine specimens
LRaff <@t> lab.uropartners.com
Sat Dec 2 09:07:19 CST 2006
Any information on doing cell blocks on urines would be appreciated. Specific questions include:
1) Can they be made on cytolyte fixed specimens?
2) What volume of specimen do they require?
3) Are they reviewed by the cytologist, or do they go straight to pathologist?
4) Are they reimbursable as an 88305 in addition to the cytology concentrated (Thin-Prep)88112 code?
5) Are they difficult to read?
6) Are they helpful?
7) How well do they correlate to thin-preps?
Lester J. Raff, MD
UroPartners, LLC Laboratory
More information about the Histonet