[Histonet] CEM stain

HCS int09018 <@t> alphahunt.com
Wed Aug 30 19:07:52 CDT 2006

The question was asked "what is CEM?"  This is a "new"? stain, at least new to me that stains eosinophils and mast cells.  CEM stands for Combined eosinophil mast cell stain.   See questions below.

LeRoy Brown
Histology Consultation Services
PO Box 770
207 N. Harkness St.
Everson, WA 98247
www.histocs.com
----- Original Message -----
From: HCS
To: Histonet
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 12:08 PM
Subject: re:solutions for CEM stain

Would anyone have the protocol for making up CEM stain solutions or perhaps a modified version of this stain that works well?

The main solutions are Astra Blue and Vital New Red, as well as, the Modified Mayer's Hematoxylin used in this stain.

I have found very few remarks about this stain posted on the histonet or by doing a web search.  Thanks for your help.

LeRoy Brown HT(ASCP) HTL
HCS
www.histocs.com