[Histonet] GMA technovit 7100

Nancy W. Troiano nancy.troiano <@t> yale.edu
Wed Aug 30 12:42:21 CDT 2006

Deanna - one of the first things that you can check is your benzoyl
peroxide - is it fresh?  Have you completely dissolved the benzoyl peroxide
before adding the hardener II?  In the humid summer months GMA will tend to
absorb water and the blocks can be soft - I usually cover the embedding
molds (we embed in Peel-A- Way molds) tightly with foil during
polymerization and polymerize in a closed container in the fridge in which
I also put a cassette containing Dri Rite (or any other dessicant).  If
your blocks are soft you can also put them in a 37 deg C oven to
harden.  Also, I store my polymerized GMA blocks in a closed container with
dessicant.  Hope this helps!