[Histonet] Amount of time to cut slides

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 09:00:48 CDT 2006

Carolyn:
  In 2002 CAP published, as a result of a joint work with NSH, a short note titled:How many cassettes should be processed by a histotechnologist during an eight-hour shift? Appeared in CAP Today and you can get it at http://www.cap.org/apps/docs/cap_today/q_and_a/qa_1102.html

  The amount of work they recommended is unrealistically low as has been demonstrated by several works published later.
  Under separate cover I am sending a paper I published on Advance on this subject.
  Hope this will help you
  René J.

tncperfect2 <@t> comcast.net wrote:
  Hello Histonetters,
I have asked questions and you have always come through for me. I have one more for you.
Is there a CAP survey or a study that is recognized by CAP that shows how much time it takes from grossing to having the slide ready for the pathologist?
I could not find any information through the CAP website so I am coming to the people who know the most about this.
Any help will be appreciated.
Carolyn