[Histonet] Technovitt 7100 GMA kit

Snider, Deanna dsnider <@t> shrinenet.org
Wed Aug 30 06:47:45 CDT 2006

Hello again,

I hope some of you in histoland know more about this stuff than I do.

I have been doing GMA's with this kit for the last 2 years and have
never had a problem. I ordered a new kit and the first run I did, never
cured. It was still very soft and unable to be cut. I did a second run,
and since I live in an area of higher humidity I increased the hardener.
(I actually doubled it;4mls/30mls.) It never cured either. I called the
company and they replaced the kit. With the same lot #. I did to test
runs with the same result!

I noticed the cold pak they put in the top of the kit for shipping was
no longer cold.(it is in the low 90's these days.) My question is this:
How important is it that the chemicals in the kit stay cold? How are
they affected by heat?  The technical person at the company was pretty
much useless, since he seemed to know less about the product than I do!

Thanks in advance,

Deanna Snider HT ASCP

Lead Technician

Shriners Hospital for Children

Cincinnati, Oh

513-872-6388

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, (or authorized to receive for the recipient) you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments and contact the sender by reply e-mail or telephone (813) 281-0300.