[Histonet] Cell blocks

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 11:41:04 CDT 2006

Stacy:
  Excuse me but before going to all the trouble of changing a procedure, why don't you ask your PT what is the problem.
  Are THEY not able to diagnose? Are the blocks all of a sudden not providing the information they neEd?
  Usually when that type of a request surfaces is because somebody tells them how they do their cell blocks and they decide (subjectively) that the new way is better.
  In that case they have a "NEW" procedure.
  Ask them: How do you want me to process the cell blocks, and let them come with a logical answer.
  There are not that many ways of doing a good cell block, by the way!
  Just my opinion! (I never used to bend backwards at the first attempt!)
  René J.

Stacy McLaughlin <Stacy_McLaughlin <@t> cooley-dickinson.org> wrote:
  Hello In Histoland,
Our pathologists suddenly decided that they were unhappy with the way cell blocks were made here. (I'm asking for our Cyto Dept.) Would anyone be willing to share their procedure?
Thanks in advance,
Stacy McLaughlin
Cooley Dickinson Hospital