[Histonet] super mega tissue cassettes 72mmx52mmx17mm

Maria Mejia mbmphoto <@t> gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 15:41:22 CDT 2006

Our research lab is seriously thinking about using these super mega
tissue cassettes that
measure 72mmx52mmx17mm in size!!!  However, before we do buy & use
them - I'd like to get
further information such as obtaining a working tissue processing
protocol for large brain blocks!!!

1. Is there anyone out there that is successfully using these
cassettes? Please contact me to
provide further information.

2. I found that Surgipath is 1 of 2 vendors that carry these big
giants & they also carry the metal
embedding molds that go w/cassettes. However I need to know if there
is a vendor that provides
the tissue chuck adapter that firmly holds these cassettes & if it's
something we can fit into our
Reigert Jung rotary microtome. Vendors please contact me!!!

Any information anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Yours

Maria Bartola Mejia
University of California San Francisco
Department of Neurosurgery