[Histonet] Muscle ATPase: Barbital Substitute

Michele French michele.french <@t> bms.com
Fri Aug 18 08:50:35 CDT 2006

Good Morning Everyone!
    I searched the archives and saw a few messages back in 2004 about
using Glycine as a substitute for Sodium Barbital in the ATPase Stain
for muscle fiber typing. The original e-mail did not include a recipe
for the replacement of the barbital acetate preincubation solutions. It
only talked about one preincubation solution at pH 9.4. I was wondering
if anyone currently uses this substitute successfully and could send me
your procedure?
Thanks!

Michele French
Bristol-Myers Squibb