[Histonet] Question about molecular sieves for EtOh

Lawrence D Lanberg/O/VCU lanbergld <@t> vcu.edu
Tue Aug 15 20:03:25 CDT 2006

Dear Histonet Community,

Today I added 3A bead molecular sieves to my EtOh, so I can have
(hopefully) a better tissue dehydration tomorrow. But the ethanol took on
quite a murky appearance. It seemed that after a few hours it cleared, just
a tiny bit. But it still looks kind of scary.

Does this go away completely -- with longer sitting of the ethanol??? Or
does anybody know a good way to separate, without the chance of humidity
getting back into the EtOh?

Thanks so much.

Larry Lanberg