[Histonet] Somehing in writing

Zajic Kari Kari.Zajic <@t> HCAhealthcare.com
Fri Aug 11 13:31:05 CDT 2006

I think it states it in the CAP checklist (you can download it on the CAP website) but not completely sure...

Kari Marie Zajic HT,MLT
Histology Supervisor
Palms West Hospital
Pathology Department
13001 State Road Eighty
Loxahatchee, Florida 33470
phone:      (561)798-6036
telefax:     (561)753-4298
voicemail: (561)753-4299
pager:       (561)610-4949
email: Kari.Zajic <@t> HCAHealthcare.com

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or CONFIDENTIAL
information and may be read or used only by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of the email or any of its attachment, please be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email or any attached files is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately purge it and all attachments and notify the sender by reply email or contact the sender at the number listed.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Fran
Walker
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 2:16 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Somehing in writing

Can anybody refer me to anything in writing that says a tech must be HTL vs. HT in order to perform IHC? Not looking for recommendations or opinions, albeit appreciated, but need to see this in writing by a governing authority.
  CAP, CLIA, JCAHO, whoever.  Local policy doesn't count.
  Thanks
  Fran Walker, HT (ASCP)