[Histonet] A different way to cut??

Lim, Langston (NIH/NCI) [E] limla <@t> mail.nih.gov
Fri Aug 11 10:16:46 CDT 2006

I use to do it to dry, brittle, bloody blocks instead of using ammonium
water. It's a little faster but I would not recommend soaking it in the
warm water more than 15-30 sec.

Langston Lim, HT (ASCP)
Tissue Array Research Program
DHHS/NIH/NCI/CCR/LP
301-402-4927
-----Original Message-----
From: Zajic Kari [mailto:Kari.Zajic <@t> HCAhealthcare.com]
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 11:00 AM
To: Brandi Farris
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] A different way to cut??

That not only seems like an unnecessary amount of extra work to me, but
isn't it just the same result?? Do his sections "look" better?? To each
his own I say...I think everyone varies slightly on how they cut...I've
never heard that one though! :)

Kari Marie Zajic HT,MLT
Histology Supervisor
Palms West Hospital
Pathology Department
13001 State Road Eighty
Loxahatchee, Florida 33470
phone:      (561)798-6036
telefax:     (561)753-4298
voicemail: (561)753-4299
pager:       (561)610-4949
email: Kari.Zajic <@t> HCAHealthcare.com

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or
CONFIDENTIAL
information and may be read or used only by the intended recipient. If
you are not the intended recipient of the email or any of its
attachment, please be advised that you have received this email in error
and that any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email or any attached files is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this email in error, please immediately purge it and
all attachments and notify the sender by reply email or contact the
sender at the number listed.