[Histonet] ASCP salary survey is deficient

Dawson, Glen GDawson <@t> dynacaremilwaukee.com
Thu Aug 3 11:38:57 CDT 2006

All,

The ASCP survey has become a tool for management to justify low histotech pay scales.  I have learned this from personal experience.  Even when the survey covers your region, the numbers do NOT jive with the reality of what it takes to actually hire a histotech.

Since this has been the case for as long as I've been checking this survey, I would strongly suggest that each laboratory base offers hinged on what other labs in the area are offering and don't bring the ASCP survey into play at all.

My Opinion Only,

Glen Dawson  BS, HT & QIHC (ASCP)
IHC Manager
Milwaukee, WI