[Histonet] Brain IHC

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Sat Apr 29 07:33:59 CDT 2006

Vernon:
  You will need to do antigen retrieval depending on the nature of your target substance and the possibility it was crosslinked with the paraform. If such a crosslinkage took place you will need to do antigen retrieval to restore the targeted substance to its natural condition and full reactive potential.
  The tricky thing would be to do it as a "free floating" technique.
  I would try to do your staining without the antigen retrieval first and if your results are below what you should expect (comparing with other published results) then I would attempt the antigen retrieval, that I would do at the lowest temperature possible.
  Hope this will help you!
  René J.
Vernon Dailey <vd38 <@t> georgetown.edu> wrote:
  Hi Histonet,

Is it necessary to use antigen retreival techniques on brain tissue
fixed in 4% paraform, cryoprotected in 30% sucrose and sectioned on a
cryostat for free floating IHC. I am interested in staining for
Mineralocorticoid receptor and DA D2 receptor. Thanks in advance,

Vernon