[Histonet] where can I send my student?

Bartlett, Jeanine (CDC/NCID/VR) jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Fri Apr 28 11:40:02 CDT 2006

www.nsh.org lists approved programs for schools of histotechnology.

Jeanine Bartlett, BS, HT(ASCP)
1600 Clifton Road, MS/G-32
18/SB-114
Atlanta, GA  30333
(404) 639-3590
jeanine.bartlett <@t> cdc.hhs.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Rene J Buesa
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 12:27 PM
To: Bonner, Janet; gayle brosnanwatters; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] where can I send my student?

Janet:
  Barry University and Miami Dade College, both in Miami, have reputable histology courses.
  René J.

"Bonner, Janet" <Janet.Bonner <@t> FLHOSP.ORG> wrote:
  Well, she initially majored in the correct field of study to enter Histology. A BS or MS is desirable with majors in Biology/Chemistry. There are assorted schools/courses of study for Histology scattered about the US. One is in Jacksonville, FL and we have one here at Florida Hospital although we only take five students per year (and this coming year was just selected). Indiana University also has a good program, which is the program we have connected to to teach our students. A search online should help as well. Janet