[Histonet] here is another one

Bonner, Janet Janet.Bonner <@t> FLHOSP.ORG
Tue Apr 25 14:27:03 CDT 2006

Can you just pour some out of the container into a 250ml graduated cylinder and then use the hydrometer? How big is your hydrometer (I may be missing something here). What do you mean the containers aren't deep enough?

________________________________

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Santana, Diane
Sent: Tue 4/25/2006 11:53 AM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] here is another one

ok I have tried to find this out on my own with no luck.... and I DO feel
stupid in asking, but here goes.
I need to measure my alcohol% on my tissue processor ( Sakura VIP 5) we are
concerned that there is some  X contamination. So my pathologist want me to
test them daily. So I ordered a alcohol hydrometer 0-100 by fisher.  The
problem is this, if I try to measure the solutions inside the container they
aren't deep enough... and either is a 2 qt or 4000ml container. Is there a
smaller one, does anyone else have one they use. Sorry the one I order is
catalog number 11590.
Please any help is welcome... don't try to figure out the  X contamination
thing. I know I just am one of those unlucky ones who got a lemon, I just
have to prove it.
Have a great Tuesday,
Diane Santana
PMA