[Histonet] Bouin's vs Davidsons for Testes

Roger Moretz stamptrain <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Apr 25 14:25:09 CDT 2006

We routinely use Bouin's for fixing testes for
improved cytoplasmic visualization and evaluation of
spermatogenesis.  One of the pathologists has asked
whether one would get similar results using Davidson's
fixative.  I did a search of the HistoArchives but
didn't come up with results that answered the question
(doesn't mean it isn't there and I just plain missed
it--just means I didn't find it!).  Unfortunately
there is no time in which to do the
research/evaluation in-house so I am turning to the
collective wisdom and knowledge of Histonetters for
the answer.

Roger Moretz, Ph.D.
Dept of Toxicology
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals