[Histonet] Bone decalcification

Kemlo Rogerson kemlo.rogerson <@t> waht.swest.nhs.uk
Mon Apr 24 06:10:20 CDT 2006

If you decalc the bone then don't bother to fix it as you have probably
ruined the morphology. Very odd school of thought that.

Kemlo Rogerson
Pathology Manager
Ext  3311
DD   01934 647057
Mob 07749 754194

Infinite patience yields immediate results. -- Marianne Williamson

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its
contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform
me that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your
co-operation

-----Original Message-----
From: Heather.A.Harper <@t> pcola.med.navy.mil
[mailto:Heather.A.Harper <@t> pcola.med.navy.mil]
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 11:40 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Bone decalcification

  I just wanted to know other histo techs opinions on bone decalcification.
I learned in school that you decal the bone than you fix it. I have a
pathologist who claims she learned it the hard way, and that it is better to
fix the bone than decal it. What did you learn on how to do this procedure?
This pathologist claims that fixing prior to decaling keeps the cells more
intact. Any opinion on your procedure or your technique is appreciated.

Heather A. Harper

Naval Hospital

Pensacola, FL