[Histonet] searching for great sliding microtome

Maria Mejia mbmphoto <@t> gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 01:10:17 CDT 2006

I would like very much to hear from those folks who can recommend a
very good USER
FRIENDLY sliding microtome for large primate brain blocks for frozen
sections cut at 40 microns.
We are working with large & thick brain blocks measuring 2 inches by
2.5 inches. Yes, vendors
are also welcome.

In addition, I'm very keen on hearing from (anyone) who has a working
AO sliding microtome
& would like to get rid of it. I'm thinking of the cast iron type.  I
look forward to hearing from you.
Any suggestions, & tips will be greatly appreciated.

Yours
Maria Bartola Mejia
Department of Neurosurgery
University of California San Francisco (UCSF)
San Francisco, CA 94103