AW: [Histonet] Giving Specimens to Patients

Bill Blank bill501 <@t> mindspring.com
Sat Apr 22 09:24:53 CDT 2006

This sort of thing bothers me, because it is becoming the rule in the
US as regulators and lawyers take away the ability to exercise
professional judgement.

IMO, given there are no public health concerns, I do not think this
is the business of any government. And it is the Pathologist who
should decide if there are public health concerns (like a tubercular
lung, eg) in each specific case, not lawyers or bureaucrats as they
lack the appropriate expertise. If someone wants to bury abortus
tissue or limbs, that is their business. As a physician and a
humanitarian, I would help make it safe and as visually appealing as
possible for them.

Bill

--
May the Gods protect me from all the humans who want to protect me.