AW: [Histonet] Giving Specimens to Patients

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Sat Apr 22 02:48:00 CDT 2006

 Recently we had the case, that a woman wanted to get her abortion-tissue.
You know what that looks like in a glass of formalin. It was not allowed and
I think it was the right decision.

In Germany there was the case, that a woman wanted to bury the hard of her
husband in his grave. It was a long fight at court. At last she got right
and her soul got peace.

Gudrun Lang
Austria

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von Jackie M
O'Connor
Gesendet: Freitag, 21. April 2006 21:00
An: Bill Blank
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; Smith Wanda;
histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Betreff: Re: [Histonet] Giving Specimens to Patients

Sorry, Bill - I think that once he signed all the papers before surgery, he
gives the hospital permission to 'dispose of' tissues removed in surgery.  I
think that makes his rib the hospital's property.  We once had a guy ask for
his toe bones back after he lost part of his foot in a motorcycle accident.
He wanted to make a necklace.  The pathologist said 'no'.  End of story,
unless we get into all the patients whose husbands ask for the placenta
after childbirth.
Jackie O'

Bill Blank <bill501 <@t> mindspring.com>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
04/21/2006 01:36 PM

"Smith Wanda" <Wanda.Smith <@t> HCAhealthcare.com>,
cc

Subject
Re: [Histonet] Giving Specimens to Patients

Regardless of silly laws. It is HIS rib. I give it to them, but usually
replace the formalin with ETOH.

Bill

--
Bill Blank