[Histonet] RE: Ki67 protocol--frozen sections

C.M. van der Loos c.m.vanderloos <@t> amc.uva.nl
Fri Apr 21 09:33:58 CDT 2006

   Dear Janelle,

   For   staining   of   Ki67  we  like  to  fix human  cryostat  tissues
   sections with  Zamboni's  or buffered  formalin.  This  results into a
   sharper  nuclear  staining than acetone-fixation. Just any polymer/HRP
   visualization and DAB+ as chromogen will do.

   As for a Ki67 antibody working on feline tissues I would recommend you
   to test the SP6 clone (rabbit monoclonal) from LabVision or Vector. In
   our  hands  this  clone already worked for a lot of different species.
   Perhaps you can expand the list with feline...

   Good luck!

   Chris van der Loos, PhD
   Dept. of Pathology
   Academic Medical Center M2-230