[Histonet] Re: Mouse lungs OCT and curling

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Wed Apr 19 11:02:17 CDT 2006

Carment,

How thick are you cutting?  What is the temperature of the block and
knife?   Do you use a brush or antiroll device?  How do you pick up the
section? Give me more details about HOW you do your cryosectioning, what
kind of cryostat, high or low profile blades, etc - then I will
comment.  We never get curled lung sections, they are flat.

At 06:24 PM 4/18/2006, you wrote:
>I was reading your advice about filling the lungs with OCT to maintain
>their structure.  I was wondering if you have a trick to keep them from
>curling when they are sectioned on the cryostat?  Thanks, Carmen

Gayle Callis HTL, HT, MT(ASCP)
Research Histopathology Supervisor
Veterinary Molecular Biology
Montana State University