[Histonet] Expiry Period - Immunofluorescence Dilutions

Dawson, Glen GDawson <@t> dynacaremilwaukee.com
Tue Apr 18 13:08:51 CDT 2006

Eric,

I do all of the sam FITC antibodies for kidney here (all from Dako except for my C4d which is from Biogenesis).  I make up 16ml. at a time and they have worked for me for upwards of 2-3 months with no pathologist complaints.

I keep them in dark brown bottles and am very careful to minimize any other light exposure.  I also make sure to keep them cool.

Good Luck,

Glen Dawson BS, HT & QIHC (ASCP)
IHC Manager
Milwaukee, WI

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Gagnon,
Eric
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 11:23 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Expiry Period - Immunofluorescence Dilutions

Hello Listers,

We currently do immunofluorescence for IgG, IgA, IgM, C3, C1q, Fib., Kappa, Lambda, and C4d on renal biopsies, and the first four on skin biopsies.  We are using Dako Antibody Diluting Buffer and mostly Dako FITC antisera.

We currently make up about 1 ml of each, and the dilutions last us between 1 and 3 weeks.  We would like to keep them longer if possible, making them up in larger quantities, possibly with the goal of transferring them to dispensers on our Ventana XT's.
]
Is there anyone doing the same immunofluorescence panel and dilutions, and if so, how long are you able to use your dilutions once made?

Thanks for your assistance,

Eric Gagnon MLT
Histology Laboratory
Kingston General Hospital,