[Histonet] Slide Mailers

Rittman, Barry R Barry.R.Rittman <@t> uth.tmc.edu
Fri Apr 14 07:12:46 CDT 2006

Marilyn
Just a suggestion - early in the morning and I've only had one cup of
coffee.
How about wrapping the slides in Teflon tape? Permount will not stick to
this.
Can get this in the plumbing section of hardware stores and some have
this in different widths.
Barry

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Marilyn
Johnson
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2006 6:51 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Slide Mailers

Hi Histonetters,
I have to send wet-Permount, H&E slides to one of my clients in another
city,
by courier.Turn-around time is critical. I've tried the plastic slide
mailers and
the cardboard ones, but the wet coverslips stick to the contacted
surfaces.
Does anyone have a special slide mailer or technique you can share with
me?
Thank you in advance.

Marilyn Johnson
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada