[Histonet] Anyone catch "House" the other night?

Allen, Rhonda RRA <@t> Stowers-Institute.org
Thu Apr 13 11:39:51 CDT 2006

I love that show!  Especially the big honk of tissue that was only
enough for 2 tests!

Rhonda Allen
Stowers Institute
1000 E. 50th street
Kansas City, Missouri 64110
rra <@t> stowers-institute.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jones,
Laura
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 11:27 AM
To: Histonet (E-mail)
Subject: [Histonet] Anyone catch "House" the other night?

Dr. House and his colleagues were doing immuno on Tuesday night!
Procedure:

Take large chunk of heart tissue which has not been frozen or in
fixative, but in a petri dish in the fridge, and flop it on to your
microscope slide. Put the slide with the  large chunk of tissue on it
under the scope.  Add "one microlitre of immunoperoxidase" to the
tissue.  Look into scope.  If it turns red, it's positive.

I wish our immuno were that easy and quick.  Get a Histo consultant on
staff, please!  :o)

P.S. And how about those doctors who do biopsies, ultrasounds, draw
blood, and then test it all?  In evening gowns and tuxes?