[Histonet] (no subject)

Cheryl tkngflght <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 16:59:26 CDT 2006

Hi Jodi-

  As most of my methods are proven by practice, not by science, please try this on an old block first:

  When you cut the section before dipping in a fixative, hold the slide's empty side against the back of your hand or arm (covered of course by a glove) to warm the OCT and 'melt' the section onto the charged slide.  As soon as you see the OCT liquefy, drop it gently into the acetone.  We've used 95% etOH as a fixative as well--seems to be a bit gentler on things that roll off...but again I caution--practice on a case that has been signed out as a parallel.

  Cheryl

Cheryl Kerry, HT(ASCP)
Full Staff Inc.
Staffing the AP Lab by helping one Tech at a time.
281.883.7704 c
281.852.9457 o
admin <@t> fullstaff.org

Sign up for the FREE monthly newsletter AP News--updates, tricks of the trade and current issues for Anatomic Pathology Clinical Labs. Send a 'subscribe' request to APNews <@t> fullstaff.org. Please include your name and specialty in the body of the email.