[Histonet] Endothelial Cell Border stains

Bond, Andrew andrew.bond <@t> imperial.ac.uk
Tue Apr 11 11:12:47 CDT 2006

Hi,
I am trying to look at changes in endothelial cell morphology in the
rabbit thoracic aorta.  I have managed to get Hautchen preparations to
work fairly well, and now need to stain endothelial cell borders.  Only
problem is I am trying to carry out automated image analysis therefore
need a very uniform and specific fluorescent stain, that leaves very
clear lines without any cytoplasm/nuclear staining.  I've been told
silver nitrate staining would work but is very inconsistent.  Does
anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.

Andrew Bond
Imperial College London, UK