[Histonet] What is your favorite frozen section fixative

Tony Henwood AnthonyH <@t> chw.edu.au
Mon Apr 10 18:07:19 CDT 2006

Stephen,

We routinely use methanol followed by a rapid H&E. It is important to
immediately fix the slide and not allow any airdrying. 30-60 sec at room
temp is enough. I will forward on to you some example pics on a separate
email

Regards

Tony Henwood JP, MSc, BAppSc, GradDipSysAnalys, CT(ASC)
Laboratory Manager & Senior Scientist
The Children's Hospital at Westmead,
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead, 2145, AUSTRALIA.
Tel: 612 9845 3306
Fax: 612 9845 3318