[Histonet] PTH

Barry Madigan barry_m <@t> ozemail.com.au
Mon Apr 10 16:02:06 CDT 2006

We do PTH on formalin fixed paraffin-embedded tissue.

Novocastra antibody NCL-PTH-488 (clone 105G7) at a dilution of 1:1000 and
using heat retrieval with a high pH EDTA solution.

This is done on the BOND MAX Immunostainer.

Barry Madigan
Immunohistochemistry
QHPS-Central
Queensland
Australia

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Richard
Cartun
Sent: Wednesday, 5 April 2006 3:14 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] PTH

Is anyone doing immunohistochemical staining for parathyroid hormone
(PTH) on formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue?  If so, whose
antibody are you using?  I just found out that DAKO no longer sells the
rat monoclonal antibody that we had been using.

It would be nice if suppliers notified their customers before they
discontinue a product so that we can find a replacement before we run
out of reagent.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, Ph.D.
Director, Immunopathology & Histology