[Histonet] Intestinal Polyps

Heather.A.Harper <@t> pcola.med.navy.mil Heather.A.Harper <@t> pcola.med.navy.mil
Fri Apr 7 11:58:26 CDT 2006

  We do a lot of intestinal polyps and all of a sudden, there is chatter in
the section. We are not doing anything different. I need to trouble shoot,
so please give input. Could it be sitting in formalin too long? The only
thing that did change is that Endoscopy would submit the polyps in Ultrum, a
non-formadelhyde fixative. Now they have started submitting the tissue in
formalin. This is the only thing that has changed. Our processing, cutting,
staining is the same. Any input would be gladly appreciated.

Heather A. Harper

Supervisor of Histology

Naval Hospital of Pensacola, FL