[Histonet] RE: Histonet Digest, Vol 29, Issue 7

Orr, Rebecca ROrr <@t> enh.org
Thu Apr 6 09:06:15 CDT 2006

Annette,
It would be good to have that vendor generated validation in writing.

This is only my opinion, I don't really have a reference for this.
On the installation, I would pick a broad sample of tests from your
menu,
(Maybe 10% -20% of the total?)  And have them run (either you run them
or get the TSR to run them :) on both instruments.  so you would have at
least something from your own validation process.  I don't know off the
top of my head if there is a specific protocol that must be adhered to,
when installing new equipment.
Choose antibodies with different HEIR, and Enzyme digestions, also.
I would be interested to know what anyone else would do to validate in
their lab, if there is a documented process.

Hope this helps.

Becky Orr CLA,HT(ASCP)
Assistant Manager, Anatomic Pathology
Evanston Northwestern Healthcare