[Histonet] Job Opportunity - Pennsylvania

Connolly, Brett M brett_connolly <@t> merck.com
Wed Apr 5 14:30:01 CDT 2006

Histonetters,

We have a new position available in my lab. I encourage any interested
parties to follow the link below to our Career site and enter the job #
(PHA000612) in the search box foe the application details

Brett

Brett M. Connolly, Ph.D.
Merck & Co., Inc.
MRL, Imaging Research
WP-44K
PO Box 4
West Point, PA 19486
PH 215-652-2501
fax. 215-993-6803
e-mail. brett_connolly <@t> merck.com

PHA000612 - Research Biologist / Staff Biologist / Biologist (Imaging)

Merck develops breakthrough medicines and treatments that offer a new lease
on life. At Merck, improving patient health isn't just what we do. It's who
we are, sharing a passion for life that brings out the best in a diverse
workforce. That's why Merck is recognized as one of the world's leading
research-based pharmaceutical companies.

The Department of Imaging at the Merck Research Laboratories in West Point,
PA is seeking an in vitro histologist to join the group.  The successful
candidate will be expected to work as part of a team using cutting edge
imaging technologies to develop and evaluate non clinical models to support
drug discovery projects. Experience with a variety of histological
methodologies such as specimen fixation, embedding, sectioning,
immunocytochemistry and immunofluorescence, and the ability to work
effectively both independently and in a team environment is essential.
Practical expertise with image analysis systems would be advantageous. Under
general scientific supervision, the successful candidate will be primarily
responsible for the generation and analysis of experimental data.

Qualifications for this position include a BS or MS degree in Biological
science and ASCP certification as a histotechnician (HT) or
histotechnologist (HTL) is required.   The qualified individual must be
highly motivated, conscientious, meticulous with expertise in
immunohistological techniques as evidenced by several years of laboratory
experience. She/he also needs to be computer literate, have excellent
organizational and communication skills and enjoy working in dynamic teams.

Our commitment to our employees resonates in the benefits we offer including
competitive compensation, tuition reimbursement, work-life balance
initiatives, on-site child care at many of our locations and opportunities
for personal and professional enrichment. Join us and become a part of our
commitment and our legacy which continues to deliver novel medicines to the
people that need them the most.

To be considered for this position, please visit our career site at
http://www.merck.com/careers/search_jobs.html
<http://www.merck.com/careers/search_jobs.html>  to create a profile and
submit your CV for job number PHA000612.

Discovery of Great Drugs demands continual discovery of Great People...

Merck is an equal opportunity employer--proudly embracing diversity in all
of its manifestations.

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck & Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD and in Japan, as Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete it from your system.