[Histonet] querry [SDS and IHC]

John Kiernan jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca
Tue Sep 27 12:18:14 CDT 2005

That's a useful reference (Brown et al., 1996). Thanks
for sharing it. I'm probably being a bit fussy, but
treating frozen sections or cell cultures with a
detergent isn't really antigen retrieval, despite the
title of the paper. The SDS makes holes in the cell
membranes, so that the big antibody molecules can
get inside. Triton-X (a non-ionic detergent) is
often used for this purpose on thick free-floating
frozen sections of minimally formaldehyde-fixed brain.
--
John A. Kiernan