[Histonet] Iron stain

Webb, Dorothy L Dorothy.L.Webb <@t> HealthPartners.Com
Tue Sep 27 09:03:32 CDT 2005

I am having problems with the iron stain on bone marrow cores.  We
routinely run our irons on the Ventana Nexus, but, recently have had
problems with the core biopsies picking up the "blue" staining in the
histiocytes and other areas, making it hard for th pathologist to be
confident in the diagnosis.  Any suggestions as to why this is
happening?  I have tried running them down to sterile water and running
the stain by hand using Mallory's Modification for iron and I am still
seeing the staining being picked up in areas that should not be
staining.  HELP , and thanks!!
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the individual responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the HealthPartners Support Center by telephone at (952) 967-6600. You will be reimbursed for reasonable costs incurred in notifying us.