[Histonet] lab design

Bartlett, Jeanine jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Sun Sep 25 07:22:08 CDT 2005

Hi Jan:

Currently we have a separate room containing our tissue processors and embedding centers.  We also have a large flammable storage cabinet in this room.  We have a separate room with our alcohol/solvent recycler and there is a large flammable storage cabinet in there as well.  We have 2 smaller flammable cabinets in routine lab space as well.

We are moving into a brand-new lab building this fall.  In the new lab we also will have separate rooms; one for the processors and embedding cetners and another for recycling.  I do not think there is flammable storage in the new processing room (it's pretty small) but there is in the recycling room.  I believe there will be at least one under-counter flammable storage in a main lab space as well.

Jeanine Bartlett
CDC, Atlanta

	-----Original Message-----
	From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Melissa Jans
	Sent: Sat 9/24/2005 2:08 PM
	To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
	Subject: [Histonet] lab design

	I hope this email finds everyone well,

	I have the opportunity to do some redesigning of our laboratory space.  I would like some feedback from some of the larger labs as to whether they have a separate room for their tissue processors and/or flammable storage.  If so, how is it separate from the main laboratory working space...wall, door, both?
	Any feedback would be appreciated.
	Melissa Jans
	University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics