[Histonet] Re: Antigen retrieval on mouse GFAP

Melissa Gonzalez Melissa.Gonzalez <@t> cellgenesys.com
Fri Sep 23 10:57:14 CDT 2005

Susan, I have to agree with Geoff on Dako's GFAP. It is fantastic and doesn't require Ag retrieval.
It picks up astrocytes beautifully in mouse brain. I would definitely recommend DAKO if you aren't using it already.

Melissa

Melissa A. Gonzalez
Histology
Cell Genesys
500 Forbes Blvd.
South San Francisco, CA 94080

Message: 25
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:15:06 -0400
From: Geoff McAuliffe <mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu>
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Antigen retreival on mouse GFAP.
To: Susan.Ferrigon <@t> sanofi-aventis.com
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

Hi Susan:

    I don't know why you would need antigen retrieval for GFAP on mouse
brain. Most people I know use DAKO's rabbit anti-cow antibody, catalogue
# Z0334. It works very well on both fixed, frozen sections and on
formalin-fixed wax embedded tissue. With a Vector ABC Elite kit my
dilution for GFAP primary is 1:2000 or even more dilute, depending on
how I intensify the DAB. I also get great results with fluorescence.
Perhaps your trouble is somewere else?

Geoff

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.

End of Histonet Digest, Vol 22, Issue 28