[Histonet] removing silver from counters, etc.

Carole Fields cgfields <@t> lexhealth.org
Fri Sep 23 08:36:07 CDT 2005

X-14 bathroom cleaner works great.

Carole Fields, HT,ASCP
Pathology Supervisor
Lexington Medical Center
2720 Sunset Blvd.
W. Columbia, SC 29169

-----Original Message-----
From: Hofecker, Jennifer L [mailto:jennifer.l.hofecker <@t> Vanderbilt.Edu]
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 9:24 AM
To: histonet
Subject: [Histonet] removing silver from counters, etc.

Happy Friday everyone.
Can somebody remind me what solutions will remove silver nitrate from
cabinets, floors, counters, etc.?
Bleach just changes these spots to different shades of brown.  I remember
using solution from hair perms in the past  but I am sure that there are
other reliable ways.
Thanks for any advice.  Our lab is starting to resemble a dalmation!  You
know how silver solution likes to migrate from the coplin jars!

Thoughts and prayers go out to Gulf Coast residents.

Jennifer

Jennifer Hofecker, HT (ASCP)
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Division of Neuropathology
(615) 343-0083
(615) 343-7089 fax

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or
CONFIDENTIAL information and may be read or used only by the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of the email or any of its
attachments, please be advised that you have received this email in error
and that any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email or any attached files is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this email in error, please immediately purge it and all
attachments and notify the sender by reply email or contact the sender at
the number listed above if one is provided.