[Histonet] Leica or Sakura?

Schumacher, Jennifer J JSCHUMA1 <@t> Fairview.org
Thu Sep 22 14:06:55 CDT 2005

We have the Leica and get superb customer service and prompt attention.
We are in Minnesota.  However, whoever set up your demo should have
"turned off" the supervisor capability.  Then, you would have access to
all of the necessary functions.  It is easy to do, but I don't think you
can do it in operator mode.  We have old Sakura VIP processors as well
as the Leica, and I think the Leica has been a huge improvement,
especially when needing to change the end day/time.  Ask Leica to turn
off the password requirement, and I think you will be pleasantly
surprised by it's ease of use.  Just my two cents.  Jennifer

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jeannie
G Emmanuel
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 1:34 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Leica or Sakura?

Hi all!

I am looking to purchase a tissue processor for my plastics histo lab.
My processing schedules are usually more than 24 hrs long, sometimes
much longer.  Does anyone know which is a better, friendlier, simpler
processor out there.  Currently, I have a Leica on demo and I can't just
tell the machine to get it done by a certain time of the day (be it 2
day 3 day or 5 days later) and expect the machine to know to delay the
process at station 1.  The support person at Leica told me to go to
Programs and select the day I want the blocks to come out and then it
will know to go on delay mode.  But when I tried to do that it asked for
the supervisor password.
We don't have supervisors so no job functions are limited to supervisors
only besides my lab is a one person lab.  One might argue that once I
purchased it I will authorize my own password and that step becomes a
routine.  But a little bit of history here....  Currently we have an old
Sakura tissue tek and it is definitely more intelligent than the new
Leica ASP 300, I tell it when to spit out the blocks and it knows to sit
in station 1 for however long.  Plus all  my schedules are always more
than 24 hrs, so using the Leica ASP 300 will always involve that extra
two-three step programming, Plus it is not easy to get Leica personnel
to return your phone calls!  So I am wondering if Sakura processor is
more user friendly.

Any thoughts from you will be appreciated...thanks!