[Histonet] RE: [IHCRG] Citraconic anhydride

Kathy Cormier cormier <@t> MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 21 04:42:39 CDT 2005

Hello All,

We have used this a few times here. We have not had the same significant
difference in staining intensity that the authors of the paper had. This
may be in large part to the "newbie tech" who performed the IHC here. I
think in more experienced hands that this probably will work better. It is
nasty stuff though, so be very careful. I did call Biocares' tech services
and they claimed that none of the retrieval soln's that they have contain
this chemical. Perhaps someone else carries it?

Kathy Cormier
Histology Necropsy Supervisor
Division of Comparative Medicine
MIT