[Histonet] Citraconic anhydride

Johnson, Teri TJJ <@t> Stowers-Institute.org
Tue Sep 20 10:43:22 CDT 2005

My apologies in advance for those of you on both listserves...

In one of my IHC workshops at the NSH, the subject of citraconic
anhydride came up.  Apparently a couple of people have tried it but
didn't get the dramatic effects as seen in the JHC paper.  Somebody
mentioned one company has this commercially available, and I'm
interested if this is true, which company, and any experiences using
this chemical, commercial or otherwise.  'Tis a nasty chemical, and one
I may well be staying away from.

Best wishes,

Teri Johnson
Managing Director Histology Facility