[Histonet] Antigen retrieval NeuN

frederico azevedo fredericoacazevedo <@t> gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 12:42:24 CDT 2005

Hello everyone,

Does anybody know the best antigen retrieval method to mark NeuN in human
tissue? I´ve already tried some described by literature but I´ve got only
weak imunostaining. I am using mouse monoclonal anti-Neun (Chemicon) as
primary, an anti-mouse biotinilated secondary, ABC and VIP as chromogen. In
rat, all neuronal nucleous are heavily stained therefore in human tissue...
The brains I´m using are fixed in paraformaldehyde 4% for about 3 months and
I try to mark 15 micrometers frozen sections...
Is there any other neuronal nuclear marker for human tissue that is really
specific?

Thanks,
Frederico A. C. Azevedo,
Dept. of Anatomy - Neuroplasticity